I made these sweet potato pizza bases yesterday because I had a sweet potato that needed using up and I can’t believe how tasty they were! I shared a photo on my Instagram and Facebook and had such an amazing response that I thought I’d add them to my recipe page to make it easier to find in future.
They were so quick and easy to make and perfect to batch cook and freeze, avoiding waste! I served them initially with a homemade tomato sauce, mozarella, tomato and basil to make mini pizzas but they are so versatile you could serve them with anything. We had them today with cheese and ham and tomorrow I think we’ll try avocado and egg. I also think they’d be really nice topped with banana and peanut butter as a sweet option!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- Bake the sweet potato in the oven until cooked. (Mine took about 40 minutes at 180°c but it depends on the size of the potato!)
- Scoop out the potato and mash with a fork.
- Add the flour and egg, mix until well combined.
- I made mine into heart shapes by using a heart shaped cookie cutter as a guide. I placed it on a lined baking tray, filled with the mixture then removed, then repeated until I’d used all of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
What would you top yours with? I’d love you to let me know in the comments!