Harry is obsessed with berries at the moment and so I decided to make some tasty treats using some raspberries for him. I came up with this raspberry oat slice and Harry loved it!
This egg free recipe is so easy to make and perfect to get any older children involved with baking with you! I can’t wait until Harry can start helping me in the kitchen 🙂 If I tried now, he would just eat all the raspberries and scream when I put them on the oat bars instead of in his mouth!
- 1 cup of porridge oats
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds
- 1 large banana
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 drops of vanilla essence
- A handful of raspberries
- Put the milk, banana, vanilla essence and maple syrup in a food processor and blend.
- Add the oats, flour baking powder, ground almonds and nutmeg to the blender and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a greased baking tray.
- Gently press the raspberries into the mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 180° for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin and slicing.