These porridge cups are so quick and easy to make. They’re just 2 ingredients and are perfect for serving fun little snacks. I served mine with yoghurt and fruit but you could fill with ice cream and use as a healthy alternative to cones or whatever else you can think of!
Harry called them yoghurt cakes and was really excited to eat them. They make a healthy breakfast or snack and the cups can be kept in the freezer so they’re perfect to scale up the recipe and make in big batches.
This recipe makes 3 cups (Because I was making 2 for Harry and 1 for Megan) but you can easily adapt it to make as many or as few as you want.
I used strawberry yoghurt for these but you could make with natural yoghurt to make them even healthier!
- 6tbsp porridge oats
- 4tbsp yoghurt
- Yoghurt and fruit to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Mix the yoghurt and oats together in a bowl and leave for 20 minutes.
- Place a generous spoonful of the mixture into a silicone muffin case (you could put directly into a muffin tray but I’d grease it first if you do.)
- Mould the mixture around the case to make a bowl shape.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing and adding fillings.
I added a spoonful of yoghurt and decorated with berries on the top. I then served with a spoon so the kids could eat the yoghurt, before picking up the cup to eat that too!
They were a big hit with the kids and a great way to fill up their little tummies with something healthy while making them think they were having a naughty treat!
What would you fill these cups with? I think next time I’ll try banana and peanut butter or ice cream!