These peanut butter and banana rolls make a great, filling breakfast or tasty snack. Megan had them today for her lunch because she wasn’t feeling well and I knew she was more likely to eat something sweet. They were really quick and easy to make, tasty and healthy… what’s not to love?!
- 1 banana
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- With a rolling pin, roll the bread out as flat and thin as you can then cut off the crusts.
- Spread the peanut butter evenly over the bread.
- Place the banana at one end of the bread and roll the bread tightly around it like a sausage roll.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk, you can add a little milk if you like but it’s not essential. Sprinkle the cinnamon into the egg and mix well.
- Dip the banana roll into the egg mixture and coat well.
- In a good non stick pan on a medium heat cook the roll until golden, turning so it cooks evenly.
- Remove from the heat and cut into slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
We served ours with fruit and Megan loved them!
These are great for baby led weaning, fussy toddlers or just as a treat for bigger kids or adults too!
If your child has a nut allergy you can use nut free chocolate spread or other alternatives instead of the peanut butter. These are also really tasty with Biscoff spread! (The kids didn’t get a look in with those ones!)