Ok, so you may think I’ve lost the plot a little when you read this recipe but I promise you they’re worth trying! Megan is quite a fussy eater and getting healthy protein into her can be tricky but she loved these!
They’re the perfect size and shape to use for baby led weaning and full of healthy goodness. You can make them in bulk to store in the freezer for those busy days when you need something fast!
You can watch the recipe here:
To make 12 chicken bites
- 2 diced chicken breasts
- 100g oats (Plain, regular porridge oats is fine!)
- 50ml coconut milk
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 50g mango (I used frozen, it’s cheaper and easier than cutting a mango up! Just defrost first and use like fresh.)
- Mix the coconut milk into the oats.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. I like to squeeze the mango a little first in some kitchen roll to get rid of the excess moisture.
- Mix well.
- Take spoonfuls of the mixture and shape into balls.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180ºC for 30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
I served ours with a natural yoghurt and sweet chilli dip (Just mix the two together) and some veg sticks.
I hope you like this recipe! If you make it and your little ones enjoy please share and tag me on social media! I love seeing when people have used my recipes!