These curried chickpea and couscous muffins are really quick and easy to make. They are a fantastic source of protein for little ones and syn free as a little bonus for any parents like me who are doing Slimming World and like to only cook one meal for themselves and their children.
I used Morrison’s chick pea dahl because it’s syn free. Other options may have a small syn value which is always worth checking.
To make 16 curried chickpea and couscous muffins
- 100g plain couscous
- 175ml vegetable stock
- 1 x tin of chickpea dahl
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Soak the couscous in the vegetable stock for 10 minutes. I just used a stock cube to make mine, there are lots of low salt options available for cooking for children.
- Once the couscous has absorbed the stock, add the dahl, eggs and curry powder then mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into silicone muffin cases (or straight into a good non stick muffin tray.)
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you make one of my recipes I’d love it if you shared on social media and tagged me! I love seeing your little ones enjoying my recipes!