This creamy tomato soup tastes extremely similar to a certain big brand’s popular cream of tomato soup. It’s super easy to make, really tasty and packed full of sneaky veggie goodness!
It’s Slimming World friendly and really filling so a really handy lunch for these cold Autumn days. Both my kids love tomato soup at the moment and I love making this one to ensure I’m not giving them something that’s packed full of salt, sugar or additives.
There are lots of variations of this recipe online but this is how I make it!
- 500g passata
- 400g tin of carrots (the whole tin, even the water)
- 425g tin of baked beans
- 4 small (or 2 large) pickled onions
- 1 tbsp of the pickled onion vinegar
- A generous dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 low salt vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Black pepper to taste
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth. If the mixture is still a little thick add boiling water until you achieve the consistency you like your soup to be! I like to keep mine thick as it makes it easier for the children to feed themselves.
- Heat the soup! Seriously, that’s it… It’s that easy!