We’re still doing Veganuary at the moment and I’m surprised how much we’re enjoying it. This chickpea and vegetable curry was so filling, tasty and really healthy. It’s definitely something we’ll make again! I can’t believe how much we’ve been enjoying the meat and dairy free meals. Planning more meat free meals is definitely something I want to keep up with throughout the year.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced red onion
- 1/4 small green chilli (chopped)
- Thumb sized piece of ginger
- 5 peeled cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g tin of chickpeas (drained)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm chunks
- 1 cauliflower, cut into bitesize pieces
- 400g passata
- 100ml coconut milk
- large handful of spinach
- 100ml water
- In a pan on a low heat, use a little of the oil to cook the onion and chilli until soft (approx 5 mins)
- Transfer the cooked onions and chilli into a food processor. Add the ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, curry powder and tomato puree. Blitz into a smooth paste.
- Put the paste in the pan and cook gently for 3 minutes, moving regularly to avoid it catching. Add the chickpeas and coat well with the paste.
- Add the passata and water to the pan, mix well then add the sweet potato and cauliflower.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and spinach to the pan.
- Simmer for a final 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Serve with rice, naan bread or both!
To see what else we’re eating this week check our our meal plan!