I can’t believe it! I’ve finally found something that Megan will not only eat but ask for seconds of! These cheesy bean croquettes are great for using leftovers and are perfect for babies who are doing baby led weaning. Mashed potato and beans are really difficult for babies to pick up and feed themselves but these are really easy for babies feeding themselves.
I’ve had so many people on Instagram ask for this recipe but when I went to get the piece of paper I scribbled it down on as I made them I realised that Alistair had put it in the bin. Then put the bin out. So not wanting to disappoint I went through the outdoor bin. It was horrific. You’re welcome.
I used frozen mashed potato to make these as I regularly save leftovers for the freezer. You can buy frozen mash in most supermarkets or make your own, the recipe will work fine with either.
Anyway, here’s the recipe…
To make 12 croquettes:
- 250g frozen mashed potato (defrosted)
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp baked beans
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- A generous handful of breadcrumbs
- Pepper (To taste)
- Cooking spray
- Mix the mashed potato, butter, beans, cheese and pepper together.
- If you have time chill in the mix for 30 minutes, it will make it less sticky and easier to handle.
- Roll the mixture into a croquette shape. (About the size and shape of your finger)
- Roll each croquette in the breadcrumbs so they are evenly coated.
- Place the croquettes on a baking tray. Spray with cooking spray and bake in the oven at 180ºC for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving (It helps them to firm up again and makes them easier to hold.)
If you like this recipe why not also try: