These cauliflower bites are a delicious way to get extra vegetables into even the fussiest of eaters! The recipe is easily adapted, we’ve added tomato and peppers but you could add peas, broccoli, courgette… Whatever you have to use up really!
- 1/2 a cauliflower (Just the top, not the stalk)
- A large handful of cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- A handful of finely chopped pepper (we used red, yellow and orange)
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- Cooking spray (we use fry light)
- roughly chop the cauliflower and blitz in a food processor until it is a cous cous like consistency.
- Add the cauliflower and other ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll into a ball. Whilst doing this squeeze out as much excess water as you can. Continue making balls from the mixture until you have used it all.
- Lightly grease a baking tray with the cooking spray and place the balls on top. (I used a muffin tray.. No idea why, it’s just how I roll haha)
- Give one final light spray with the cooking spray then cook in the oven at 180° for approx 20 minutes until golden.