For the first time in a while, I had the urge to get creative in the kitchen. I raided the cupboards to see what we had in and decided to make these blueberry quinoa bars. I’ve tried a few recipes for similar quinoa bars in the past so decided to see if I could make something tasty with the mismatch of ingredients I had in the house. They were really quick and easy to make and turned out really tasty. The kids really enjoyed them which, as always, is the most important thing!
If you try them and enjoy them I’d love you to tag me on social media and let me know! You can find me on Instagram and Facebook. It would make my day if you popped over, gave me a follow and said hi.
To make 15 blueberry quinoa bars:
- 100g white quinoa (uncooked weight)
- 100g porridge oats
- 1 egg
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Generous handful of blueberries (I used most of a pack!)
- Coconut oil (This is only to grease the dish, you can use whatever oil you like, or just line with greaseproof paper)
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mash the banana in a bowl then add the egg and mix.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup to the bowl then mix well.
- Add the porridge oats and quinoa, stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the blueberries. I cut mine in half as they were quite big and I wanted them to be well distributed.
- Grease a baking tray with the oil and transfer the mixture into it, gently pressing down and smoothing the mixture to make sure it’s level and gets into the corners!
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin and cutting into 15 bars.
Like this recipe? Why not try these too: