Beans are a favourite in our house. Both children love them but they can be really tricky for a baby who is doing baby led weaning to eat. Putting them in a wrap makes it so much easier for baby to pick up and eat. It’s such a simple little twist on beans on toast that makes life so much easier!
I first posted the original ‘cheesy bean wrap‘ recipe a while ago but I’ve recently had requests for my BBQ mixed bean version too so here it is!
- 1 tin of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g passata
- 1 tbsp BBQ seasoning (We use this one)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- A generous handful of grated cheddar
- 2 tortilla wraps
- Put the beans, passata, BBQ seasoning and garlic powder in a pan. Mix well and cook on a low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- Lay the wraps on a baking tray.
- Spoon the beans down the centre of each wrap, leaving space around all edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the beans.
- Fold the wrap so the beans are completely covered and can’t escape.
- Turn the wrap over so the folded side is facing down and cook under the grill for 1-2 minutes, until crisp and golden.
- Flip the wrap so the folded side is up and return under the grill for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Cut in half, allow to cool (it will be very hot) and enjoy!