I’m always after new and fun snack ideas so when I saw these pop up on My Fussy Eater’s Instagram page I had to give them a go! As with anything I make, I’m terrible at following recipes and always end up subbing ingredients for what I have in the cupboards but these veggie lentil nuggets turned out so well, they were delicious!
You can find the original recipe here and, if you haven’t already, I’d definitely recommend checking out this blog for amazing recipe ideas. I’m a big fan and yet to try one of her recipes that isn’t a hit with Harry.
This recipe made 20 nuggets and they are the perfect addition to my healthy fast food freezer stash!
Here’s my version of the recipe:
Veggie Lentil Nuggets Recipe
- 1 cup of red lentils (Soak in water for at least 3 hours before cooking)
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- 1 tbsp cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 grated courgette
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn
- Drain and rinse the lentils.
- Toast the bread and blitz in the food processor to for breadcrumbs.
- Add the lentils, carrot and courgette to the food processor and mix well.
- Pour boiling water over the peas to defrost slightly.
- Add the peas, sweetcorn and cream cheese to the mixture and stir by hand until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Take chicken nugget sized amounts of the mixture, shape into ‘nuggets’ and lay on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c for 20 minutes until golden.
Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 2 tbsp passata
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- A dash of Worcester sauce
- A dash of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Mix all of the ingredients together… It’s as simple as that!
He loved them! Harry really enjoyed dipping his nuggets in his sauce and eating them. I’ve got a batch in the freezer so this will be the perfect quick and easy meal when I need a little cheat!
Thank you My Fussy Eater for sharing the idea!