These veggie burgers were a bit of a ‘throw it all together and hope for the best’ meal! Luckily they came out really well and Harry loved them!
This recipe made a batch of 6. I gave one to my son with some salad and sweet potato wedges. The rest have gone in the freezer for another day.
Veggie Burger Recipe
- 200g frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 slices of bread made into breadcrumbs (this made slightly more than I needed but the extra can be frozen for another day!)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- Black pepper to taste
- Boil the mixed vegetables in a pan of water for 4 minutes. Drain well and add to a food processor.
- Add 3 tbsp breadcrumbs, and the rest of the ingredients to the food processor. Set the rest of the breadcrumbs aside for later.
- Blitz until well combined. I like to leave the vegetables a little chunky but you can blitz til smooth if you prefer.
- Shape the mixture into 6 burger shapes and coat in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Place the burgers on a baking tray, I sprayed my tray lightly with fry light first to avoid them sticking.
- Cook in the oven at 180° for 20/25 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy! I served these with sweet potato wedges. To make them I simply peeled the sweet potato, cut it into chip shapes, tossed them lightly in a tablespoonful of sunflower oil and cooked in the oven for 25 minutes.
Harry loved these and I think the pictures show that! This is the best reaction to a meal I’ve had from him for a while and I love that I have 5 more left in the freezer for future meals. To defrost I will probably just defrost in the microwave then pop in the oven for ten minutes to crisp up again.