We’ve been trying to go meat free for a day a week recently and I’ve been getting creative with tasty, ‘different’ meals that we can enjoy together. These Tex Mex bean burgers were really quick and easy to make, super tasty and perfectly filling. They may not look the most refined but the taste more than made up for it!
- 400g tin of red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 100g sweetcorn
- 1 slice of bread made into bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp corriander
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl and roughly mash them together. For younger babies you can blitz them in a food processor to create a smoother texture.
- Mould the mixture into 6 burger shapes.
- Grill the burgers on a high heat for 10 minutes either side, until warmed through and golden and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with whatever you fancy! We had ours tonight with tortilla chips, salad and guacamole but they would be lovely with potato wedges or spicy rice instead.
As you can see, Harry was really keen to try this one and tried to get a sneaky bite of his burger before I’d finished photographing it! He seemed to think they were worth the wait though!
If you fancy an alternative vegetarian burger check out our recipe for these super easy and delicious veggie burgers! They’re another really easy to make recipe, perfect for babies and children. They freeze well too which is always a bonus in my book!
What are your favourite vegetarian burger options? Harry loves anything with lots of flavour and a bit of spice! Does your little one like spicy food or do they prefer milder flavours?
Let me know if you try these what you think, I love hearing your feedback on my lazy mummy recipes!