These tangy berry oat pancakes were the perfect way to start the celebrations for my little girl’s first birthday today. Full of healthy goodness and so tasty, both kids absolutely loved them!
If your family’s anything like mine, you tend to have the same boring breakfast every morning without fail, until the weekend when you crave something different and exciting. Pancakes are, without doubt, our favourite weekend treat but we don’t have them often as they aren’t particularly healthy. It was Megan’s birthday this morning and I wanted to make her something special, but healthy, to eat for her breakfast. I whipped up these tangy berry oat pancakes in less than 5 minutes (Speed is always important mid week) and they went down a treat! They’re so quick and easy to make I can definitely see them becoming a regular breakfast in our house, even midweek!
- 1 cup of porridge oats
- 1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey (maple syrup for under one year olds)
- A generous handful of Lio Licious Purple Berry Blend (This is what gives the pancakes their delicious, tangy, fruity taste! These are so handy to have in the cupboard for an instant fruity hit. They’re freeze dried so last for ages which avoids waste too!)
- A small drizzle of sunflower oil (For cooking)
- In a food processor, blitz the oats until they are a flour like consistency.
- Add the yoghurt and honey and mix well.
- Stir through the berry blend by hand.
- Add the sunflower oil to a frying pan. Place spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and cook for approximately 1 minute. Flip and cook for a further minute until golden on each side.
- Serve and enjoy!
We served our pancakes with some Greek yoghurt topped with Lio Licious diced strawberries. The kids had seconds and thirds of this! It was a definite hit!
**This post has been written in paid partnership with Lio Licious. All opinions expressed are our own and we never share a product with you that we don’t really love.**