These sweet potato pancakes are the perfect way to start the day! Filling, delicious and featuring the super healthy sweet potato, these pancakes will be enjoyed by the whole family!
- 1 sweet potato
- 100g plain flour
- 200ml whole milk (can be substituted for babies usual milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter (plus extra for cooking)
- Peel, chop and boil the sweet potato until soft.
- Mash the sweet potato with the butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Put the mashed sweet potato, flour, baking powder, milk and egg in a large bowl and mix well.
- Heat a small knob of butter in a frying pan (you can use cooking spray instead for a healthier alternative). Add a tablespoonful of the pancake batter to the pan. When you start to see little holes appear on the top of the batter, flip the pancake and cook until golden on both sides.
- Continue making pancakes until you have used all of the batter. We served ours with blueberries, yoghurt and a sprinkle of chia seeds.