This recipe makes approximately 6 balls.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 6x small cubes of cheddar cheese
- breadcrumbs (approx 2 slices of breads worth)
- A small knob of butter
- 1tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pinch of black pepper
- Cooking spray (we use fry light)
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and boil until soft.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with the butter, milk, paprika and black pepper until smooth.
- Take a dessert spoonful of the mashed potato and mould into a round disc shape. Place a cube of cheese on top.
- Mould the potato around the cheese so it is hidden.
- Coat the ball in the egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Repeat this step to ensure it is well covered.
- Place the balls on a baking tray and spray well with cooking spray. We use sunflower oil fry light as it helps make the balls golden and crispy on the outside.
- Cook in the oven on 180° until the balls are golden in colour. (15-20 minutes)
- Enjoy! We serve ours with mixed vegetables. Let us know what your little one likes to eat these with!