Sweet potato and apple bites are really easy to make and soft enough to melt in the mouth, perfect for younger babies but were also enjoyed by my toddler as a snack!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 apple
- 1 heaped tsp cinnamon
- Sunflower oil or sunflower oil fry light for cooking
- Peel and chop the sweet potato into cubes. Boil until soft.
- Peel and chop the apple into small cubes, put the apple in a saucepan with 3 tbsp water and the cinnamon. Cook on the hob on a low heat until the water has disappeared and the the apple is soft.
- Once soft, drain the water from the sweet potato.
- Put the sweet potato and apple in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Grease a baking tray with sunflower oil (we used sunflower oil fry light). Put small blobs of the mixture on the baking tray (approx. 1/2 a tsp).
- Cook in the oven for approx 15 minutes. The sweet potato and apple bites should still be soft, whilst holding their shape when they are cooked.
- Allow to cool before removing from the baking tray.