These courgette boats are a really fun way of serving lots of veggies and healthy goodness to your fussy little eater.
To make 5 boats and some extra couscous for a hungry parent.
- 1 courgette
- 100g plain couscous
- Vegetable stock (enough to make up the couscous as per packet instructions)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 red onion
- 30g feta
- You can also add cooked chicken if you wish but it’s not essential.
- Cut the ends off the courgette then cut into three equal cylinders. Cut each cylinder in half.
- Scoop out a well in 5 of the pieces of courgette to make ‘boats’. Peel the 6th piece of courgette into slices length ways to make sails for the boats.
- Make up the couscous using the veg stock as per packet instructions. Add the mixed herbs, mix well, cover and set to one side.
- Cut the peppers, red onion and any left over courgette into small pieces. Place on a baking tray with the courgette boats under the grill until soft.
- Mix the vegetables with the couscous (add the chicken now if you are using it).
- Fill the ‘boats’ with the couscous and veg then crumble the feta over the top.
- Use a party pick or a cocktail stick as a mast, poke it through either end of a courgette sail then stand it up in the middle of the boat.
- Serve and enjoy!