These tasty spinach, feta and tomato tarts are a perfect healthy lunch for the whole family. Harry really enjoyed them and this recipe made a batch of 9 so I have plenty left for the freezer too!
- 1 packet of ready roll shortcrust pastry
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- A generous knob of butter
- 100g crumbled feta cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 large eggs
- A twist of black pepper
- Grease the sections of the muffin tray with butter.
- Unroll the sheet of ready roll pastry. Use a glass or a cup to cut circles out of the pastry, a little larger than the sections in the muffin tray.
- Gently press the circles into the muffin cases and prick the bottom with a fork. Cut the grease proof paper that comes with the pastry into pieces just larger than the muffin cases. Place them in the pastry cases and fill with rice.
- Bake the pastry in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the pastry is in the oven put the butter in a pan on a low heat. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Put the spinach to one side to cool.
- Beat the eggs and add the black pepper to taste.
- Take the cases out of the oven and remove the rice and greaseproof paper.
- Put a dessertspoonful of spinach in the bottom of each pastry case.
- Place the feta cheese on top so it is level with the top of the pastry case.
- Pour the beaten egg over the top to fill the gaps.
- Place slices of the tomato on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20/25 minutes at 180°c. If you want to you can neaten the edges up before serving but honestly, Harry doesn’t care how it looks, just how it tastes!
- Serve and enjoy!