1 cup of Self raising flour
1 cup of whole milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp organic sunflower oil
A large handful of finely chopped spinach
1 clove of garlic
1 knob of unsalted butter
½ a block of feta cheese
- Crush the garlic and fry in the butter. Add the spinach and cook gently until wilted.
- Make a batter by mixing the flour, baking soda, oil, milk and egg together.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the batter mix and pour in the butter, garlic and spinach mix.
- Mix until all the feta and spinach are distributed evenly throughout the batter mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a muffin tray (I don’t use muffin cases but you can if you prefer) and bake at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the muffins slide easily out of the tray. If using muffin cases you can check if they are done by poking a skewer into the centre of one of the muffins. If the skewer comes out clean they are cooked!
This recipe can be adapted to include all sorts of vegetables. Harry also really likes carrot and parsnip savoury muffins.
Feel free to share whatever vegetable combinations have worked best for you and your little ones!