This recipe was surprisingly cheap to make too, which is always a bonus!
- 250g spaghetti (wholemeal if you want to make it even healthier)
- 2 eggs (red lion stamped)
- A handful of finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 rashers of bacon with the fat cut off (You can use streaky bacon for a naughtier option!)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- A generous twist of black pepper
- Boil a pan of water and put the spaghetti in to cook.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until crisp. (You can use cooking spray for this but if you have a good non stick pan it isn’t essential.)
- Once the bacon is cooked add the garlic paste to the pan. Cook for another minute then remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix 1 whole egg, 1 egg yolk, the parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, leaving a little of the cooking water in the pan. Add the pasta and excess cooking water to the frying pan with the bacon and garlic.
- Add the egg/cheese mixture to the frying pan, tossing the pasta constantly for approx. 3 minutes. DO NOT return the pan to the heat, let the heat from the pasta cook the egg. If you put the pan back on the heat you will end up with scrambled egg instead of a rich, creamy sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!