This recipe is enough for 2 adults and a toddler. It can easily be doubled to feed a larger family or so that you have some to freeze for another day.
- 250g lamb mince
- 250ml lamb stock (we used a lamb oxo cube, you can get low salt stock cubes from boots or Oxo. You can use beef stock if lamb isn’t available)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- 2 large potatoes
- a dash of whole milk
- a knob of unsalted butter.
- Brown the mince in a little oil and the garlic in a pan.
- Add the stock, Worcester sauce, tomato puree and frozen vegetables to the pan.
- Leave to simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks. Boil until soft and then drain.
- Add the milk, butter and black pepper to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Put the mince mixture in an ovenproof dish. Spread evenly across the bottom of the dish and then cover with the mashed potato.
- Rake the top of the potato with a fork to make rough peaks.
- cook in the oven for 40 minutes on 180°.
- serve and enjoy!