We’re finally out of our week of spending nothing and eating leftovers. We’re back to our £50 a week shopping budget and I spent £46 on our ‘big shop’ this week. Harry’s not in nursery this week so there wont be any packed lunches to make and instead he’ll be eating the same as Megan and I for lunch.
I’ve tried to plan meals that are a bit different this week to keep things exciting. I got a few recipes from the ‘My Fussy Eater Cookbook‘ that I can’t wait to try. I’ll share them on my social media when I’ve cooked them! So far we’ve really enjoyed everything we’ve made from this book so I’m looking forward to trying some new recipes.
As usual, I’ve planned 7 meals but not specified which day we will eat each one. I find this works better for us because we can work off use by dates to avoid wasting anything and it also means we don’t feel restricted by the meal plan.
This week’s meal plan
- Cereal and fruit
- Porridge and fruit (We use frozen fruit as it helps to cool the porridge faster for our impatient foodies!)
- Eggy bread
- BBQ bean wraps (This is a variation of this recipe. I’ll try and get the recipe for the BBQ version on the blog later this week.)
- Mini omelettes
- Houmous and dippers
- Chicken, chorizo and prawn paella (From the My Fussy Eater Cookbook.)
- Minted lamb meatballs, flatbread and veggie couscous
- Dirty Fries
- Smoky meatball pasta bake (From the My Fussy Eater Cookbook.)
- Fish and chips (We use frozen basa fillets, it’s so much cheaper! This is a great meal to use up the breadcrumbs we make from the off cuts of Harry’s fun shaped sandwiches.)
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Sausage and bean casserole (We already had all the ingredients in for this one.)
Do you meal plan? What are your top tips for sticking to a tight food shopping budget? I’d love you to share!