This was a bit of a random, make it up as we went along, tea tonight. Harry loves peanut butter and I saw some stir fry vegetables reduced in the supermarket today so decided to make some satay noodles. It was so simple and I am a huge fan of meals that can be made in one pan and mean less washing up!
Here’s how I did it:
- A handful of cooked egg noodles (or any cooked noodles of your choice)
- A handful of stir fry vegetables (you can get some great pre prepared veg bags in the supermarket, if not any finely chopped veg will be just as good)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey (ONLY FOR OVER 1s! You can substitute with maple syrup or leave out for children under 1 year old.)
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- Put the vegetables in a frying pan and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, paprika and 5 spice to the pan.
- Mix well and add the noodles.
- Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!