- 2 potatoes
- knob of butter
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 a tin of sweetcorn
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp parsley (dried or finely chopped)
- Breadcrumbs (2 slices of bread)
- Black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cut them into small cubes and boil until soft.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and add the milk, butter and black pepper then mash until smooth.
- Cook the salmon. I did this in the microwave on a plate with clingfilm over the top. It took approximately 4 minutes until it was cooked through.
- Flake the salmon and add to the mashed potato.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Once the mixture is cool enough, mould into burger shapes. (We got 6 large fishcakes from this mixture but you can make them whatever size you want!)
- Coat each fishcake in breadcrumbs until they are well covered.
- Place on a baking tray, lightly sprayed with cooking spray (or oil of your choice)
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°c until golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
These can be made in batches and frozen to eat another day. To defrost, just take the fishcakes out of the freezer a few hours before you want to eat them. then once defrosted pop them in the oven to warm them up before serving.