Megan has been weaning for a few weeks now and I love that, because we are doing baby led weaning, she eats the same foods as us. One of our favourite breakfasts at the moment is porridge and these raspberry porridge fingers are a great way of serving porridge to baby if they are self feeding.
- Porridge oats
- Whole milk (Or babies usual milk)
- 2 or 3 raspberries
(However many spoonfuls of porridge oats you use, use the same of milk. 2 or 3 is usually plenty for one baby!)
- Soak the porridge oats in the milk until you have a mushy mixture. (approx 10 mins)
- Mould the mixture into a square shape.
- Cut the raspberries into 8 pieces and press them into the top of your oaty square.
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Cut into finger shapes whilst still hot.
- Leave to cool and serve as a delicious breakfast or snack!
- It’s really that easy!! You can substitute the raspberries for blueberries, strawberries… any berries you like!