This is one of my favourite, under 10 minute meals for when I just can’t be bothered cooking! You can switch the prawns for chicken if you prefer.
Both of my children really enjoy it as the sauce is quite sweet.
To serve 2 children
- 1 pack of microwave rice
- 1/2 onion
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 10 frozen prawns
- Handful of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey (over 1 yr olds only)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions in the microwave
- Finely chop the onions and cook in a little oil in a frying pan.
- Once the onions have softened, add the garlic, peas, prawns and rice to the pan.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and Chinese 5 spice in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and mix well.
- Cover and allow to cook for a further few minutes, until the prawns and peas are cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!