This pork, chorizo and chickpea casserole is really easy to make and full of flavour. Alistair, Harry and I really enjoyed it and I’ll definitely be making it again.
- 700g pork fillet cut into bitesize chunks
- 100g chorizo, sliced finely
- 400g can of chickpeas
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 400g passata
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 200ml water
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dried crushed chillies
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Olive oil for cooking
- In a pan, brown the pork until it is sealed on all sides.
- Remove the pork from the pan and put in a casserole dish.
- In the pan you used to cook the pork, add the chorizo, garlic, vegetables, herbs and spices. Cook on a medium heat until the chorizo starts to crisp and the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the tomato puree, passata, water and red wine vinegar to the pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add the contents of the pan to the casserole dish with the pork.
- Cook in the oven at 160°c for 2 hours with the lid on. after 2 hours drain and rinse the chickpeas then add them to the casserole. Return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!