I posted this meal on my Instagram and Facebook last week and had lots of messages and comments asking for a recipe. It was based on one that Tesco Food shared on their Instagram feed and was really easy to make. It’s packed full of veggies and was a hit with our whole family.. even Alistair who is usual the fussiest!
To feed 4 adults or 2 adults and 4 children. You can freeze it once cooked to make a quick and healthy ready meal.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 500g frozen Mediterranean chargrilled vegetables
- 125g mozzerella
- 3 tbsp low salt pesto (it’s really easy to make your own. Why not try this recipe!)
- 500g passata
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A handful of sun dried tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Put the frozen vegetables in an oven proof dish, in a pre heated oven at 180ºc. Leave them to defrost in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel and slightly squash the garlic cloves and add them to the dish with the vegetables.
- Mix together the passata and 2 tbsp pesto. Pour it over the vegetables and mix well.
- Mix the remaining tbsp pesto with 2 tbsp water and use it to coat the chicken. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and sauce.
- roughly tear up the mozzerella and place randomly on top of the dish along with the sun dried tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Tear the basil leaves and sprinkle on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
We all really enjoyed this meal and best of all there was only one dish to wash up after cooking! I’m really enjoying the Tesco Instagram at the moment for quick and easy meal ideas. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone after healthy, simple family meal ideas. I’ve found lots of inspiration there for midweek meals since having Megan!