These simple to make cookies have got to be my new favourite treat! They are the easiest baking I have ever done in my life! They took 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to bake which meant I had plenty of time to eat most of them myself before Harry woke up from his nap! When he did wake up and get one he really enjoyed his tasty treat.
To make 9 cookies
- 3 tbsp porridge oats
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- jam of your choice for the top of the cookies, 1/4 tsp per cookie
- Blitz the oats in a food processor until they are a flour consistency.
- Add the peanut butter and egg to the blender and blitz until well combined.
- Put teaspoonfuls of the mixture on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, in rough circular shapes.
- Use the other end of the teaspoon to make a shallow well in the centre of each cookie. To do this I gently pressed the end of the spoon in the centre of the cookie and twisted it in a full circle.
- Spoon the jam into the wells in each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving, the jam will be hot!