When Organix sent us some fun recipe ideas to celebrate Valentine’s day we couldn’t resist having a go! I’ll admit the eggs in their picture look better but Harry didn’t care and I had fun making them!
- Hard boil the eggs in a saucepan covered with water for 10 minutes.
- Run each egg under a cold tap quickly so they are just cool enough to handle, then carefully crack the shell and remove.
- Whilst the eggs are still warm and flexible, place in the middle of a folded piece of card. Use the handle of a wooden spoon or a sturdy wooden skewer to very carefully create an indent along the long side of the egg, then carefully wrap elastic bands around each end of the cardboard to hold in place on the egg. This should create a heart shaped egg. Little ones can help with this if guided. Leave for 10 minutes to take shape.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the heart shaped egg into slices 1cm deep, from the top of the heart to the bottom.
- Toast the bread in the toaster.
- Butter the toast.
- Using a large heart shaped cutter cut a heart out of the centre of the toast.
- Cut a smaller heart out of the centre of the large heart.
- Place the egg heart in the middle of the toast.