These quick and easy to make krispie bars are a fab cheeky treat for your little one! (If you don’t eat them all first!)
- 1 1/2 cups of rice krispies
- 3 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup of raisins/ dried fruit of your choice.
- 1 tbsp chocolate spread
- Heat the sugar, peanut butter and golden syrup gently in a saucepan. Once runny and smooth remove from the heat.
- Add the rice krispies and raisins to the pan and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with clingfilm then press the mixture into the tray. I like to use the back of a spoon to make sure the mixture is firmly pressed down.
- Heat the chocolate spread slightly to make it runnier (10 seconds in the microwave was enough.)
- Use a tsp to drizzle the chocolate over the top of the krispie mixture. The messier the better in my opinion!
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge before cutting into bar shapes and serving.