- 1 sheet of ready roll shortcrust pastry (This made about 8 mini quiches)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- A large handful of grated cheddar cheese
- A handful of ham, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped into small pieces
- Black pepper
- Cooking spray (to grease the tin)
- Take the ready roll pastry out of the fridge 10 minutes before you begin. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the pastry into circular pieces, just bigger than the sections in your muffin tray. (We used a cup to do this quickly.)
- Spray the tray with cooking spray and then put the circles inside the sections of the muffin tray, moulding around the shape of the tray. (Make sure there is a little overlapping the top.)
- Put a piece of greaseproof paper inside each pastry case so it is completely covered and fill with rice or baking beans. Blind bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the pastry is in the oven mix the eggs, cheese, ham, tomato and a twist of black pepper together well for the filling.
- Once the pastry cases are baked remove the greaseproof paper and rice then trim the excess pastry from the edges to make them a little neater.
- Fill the pastry cases with the filling and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- When the quiches are cooked, leave to cool well on a cooling rack.
- Serve with your choice of salad and enjoy.
When he has a piece in each hand you know it’s a winner!
The salad, on the other hand, got the cold shoulder!
Until he dipped it in yoghurt and it became a delicacy!