My pregnancy cravings have well and truly kicked in now and yesterday I really fancied lamb koftas, cous cous and salad for tea. I decided to make my own and was surprised at how simple to make they were and how good they tasted!
Lamb kofta recipe
- 500g minced lamb
- A generous handful of fresh mint
- chilli (to taste), I used half a mild chilli
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- A twist of black pepper
- ou will need 6 kebab skewers too!
- Soak 6 kebab skewers in water before you begin.
- Crush the garlic and fry gently in the oil for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the lamb, mint, chilli, cumin, garlic and black pepper in a food processor and mix well.
- Take the skewers out of the water and mould the mixture around them in sausage shapes.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180° for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the skewer before giving to baby.
- serve with flatbread, cous cous, salad.. Whatever you life! I like to mix a tsp of mint sauce with a small pot of natural yoghurt to make a refreshing dip to go with them!
Cous cous recipe
- 2/3 cup of cous cous
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/2 courgette finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Fry the garlic gently in the olive oil. Add the courgette and peppers. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Bring the stock to the boil, add the cous cous and coriander, remove from the heat, cover and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Once the cous cous has obserbed the water squeeze in the lemon juice and add the peppers and courgette.
- Mix well and serve!