I’ve been nominated by me my life and the tardis to share my hopes and wishes for 2017.
2016 has been an eventful year, this time last year I never would have imagined I’d be sitting here, a year later, writing a post like this on a blog. I never pictured myself as a ‘blogger’, or even someone who would share recipes and food ideas but I’m so glad I made the decision to create the Friendly First Foods Facebook group on a whim one day!
I’ve found a great new hobby that challenges me to provide healthy, delicious meals for my son (with minimal effort of course) and have met some lovely people along the way!
I feel so positive and hopeful as I enter 2017 and can’t wait to see what it has in store for us!
My 5 Family Wishes
- I wish that Harry continues to approach everything in life with the same fierce enthusiasm and passion as he does now. There’s something about seeing the world through a toddler’s eyes that makes you appreciate the small things and the beauty in the world.
- I wish that Alistair and I will make more time for each other. Quality time. I’m often guilty of being on my phone too much and this is something I want to change. I want Alistair to know how much I love and appreciate him and how much I value his company.
- I wish that my Nanna continues to recover from her stroke. It has been a few weeks now and she has made enormous progress. She is now out of hospital, back home with my Grandad and I’m amazed at how much better she seems every time I see her.
- I wish that Harry’s grandparents will all continue to have an amazing relationship with him. My parent’s look after Harry a lot while I work and he adores them! Only last night he was cross with me and started shouting for “Nanna and Grumps!” I want to continue trying to make more time for Harry to spend with my mother in law this year. He loves seeing her and doesn’t get to often enough.
- I wish that all of my family and friends have a happy, healthy 2017, full of smiles and laughter.
My 5 blog wishes
- I wish that my blog continues to grow and reach more people, sharing the foodie joy as far and wide as I can.
- I wish that I will have the confidence to Vlog more. So many times I film things then am too shy or embarrassed to share them. I want to change that. It’s better to regret something you did than something you didn’t right?
- I wish to be more organised with my blog. At the moment I tend to post whatever I want when I feel like it. I want to have a plan! I’m hoping by planning ahead I will be more organised and have a better work/blog/family life balance.
- I wish to share more guest blog posts, and write more guest blogs for other people. Friendly First Foods started out as a community and I’d like to bring that spirit into the blog more!
- I wish that I will never lose sight of why I started this journey and continue to enjoy making healthy meals for my family.
My 5 personal wishes
- I wish that I take the time to take care of myself more. Time to read a book, paint my nails, have a bath…. little things that I hope will make me happier, less stressed and able to be the person I want to be for all the people I want to be it for.
- I wish to worry less and not let anxiety stop me from doing the things I want to do.
- I wish that I will make more time for my friends.
- I wish that I will be healthy. I wanted to put lose weight, it’s on my list every year, but I want to prioritise my own health as much as I prioritise my families.
- I wish that we will finish our kitchen renovations!
My 5 hopes for 2017
- I hope 2017 brings more opportunities to meet new people, learn new things and go to new places.
- I hope 2017 sees the completion of our new kitchen.
- I hope 2017 will see my family and I go on holiday.
- I hope 2017 will bring fewer money worries.
- I hope 2017 will be better than 2016 in a global sense.
I hope you have a wonderful 2017 and it brings joy and happiness to you and your families. Thanks to everyone who’s joined me on this crazy Friendly First Foodie ride!
What are your hopes and wishes for next year? I’d love to hear them if you want to share in the comments!
I nominate these lovely bloggers to share their hopes and wishes for 2017!:
Katie at www.livinglifeourway.com
Sarah at www.amundanelife.co.uk
Carla at www.rtoatsblog.com
Care at www.carejohnson.co.uk
Can’t wait to read your hopes and wishes ladies!