Harry loves pesto. On pasta, in pitta pockets or in pinwheels, pesto is always a winner in our house!
- 80g fresh basil (2 handfuls)
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 50g pine nuts
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Half a clove of garlic, crushed
- The juice of half a lemon
- A twist of black pepper
- Gently toast the pine nuts in a pan.
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and blitz well.
- Serve! It really is that quick and easy!
Our favourite ways to serve pesto are;
- With pasta
- In pinwheels with tomato and mozzarella
- In toasted pitta pockets with mozzarella
- With gnocchi
- On tortilla pizzas