It’s been a while since Harry and I baked together. This was another, ‘make it up as we went along’ recipe. It was really quick and easy to make and they were so tasty! Healthy too which is always a bonus!
We didn’t add any sugar to the biscuits but they were really sweet and tasty. I love making our own treats. It’s a great way to save money and make sure you know exactly what’s gone into your kids food. It’s also so much fun to bake together and Harry loves getting involved in the kitchen.
To make 12 biscuits
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 apple, peeled and finely grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A generous handful of raisins
- Blitz the oats in a food processor until they are fine like flour.
- Add the apple, carrot, banana, cinnamon and peanut butter to the food processor. Mix well.
- Add the raisins and mix by hand.
- Take small handfuls of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a lined baking tray and flatten with your hand. We used a cutter at this point to lightly press on the top of the biscuits and leave a fun star shape on the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool then enjoy!