After a festive season of over indulging and a week of batch cooking last week, I have decided to do another freezer food challenge this week. My aim is to provide my family with healthy, delicious meals without spending any money. (Ok, so we will spend a little on fresh fruit, milk and eggs but other than that we are planning not to spend any money.) Batch cooking last week has meant that our freezer is full of home cooked, nutritious food and frozen vegetables and we are going to use this, along with food from the cupboard to create our meals this week.
I have linked all of the recipes at the bottom of this post and they can all be frozen so are perfect for batch cooking to make healthy ready meals throughout the week!
- Sweet potato pancakes
- Pizza topped chicken and homemade chips (We have some potatoes that need using up)
- Cous cous fingers with tomato and green beans
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Risotto balls and mixed veg
- Dippy egg and soldiers
- Pasta bolognese
- Cauliflower bites with salad
- Vegetable soup
- Jacket potato with cheese and beans
- Courgette fritters with hard boiled egg and salad
- Chicken Tika Masala