Harry loves mini quiche, muffins or omelettes so these all day breakfast quiche were sure to be a hit. They didn’t disappoint.
One of the main things I’ve been struggling with on Slimming World this week is missing ‘naughty’ treats. My plan for this week is to find healthy alternatives to unhealthy favourites. Someone at my group suggested Slimming World quiche as a healthy, filling snack and it got me thinking.. Why couldn’t I make a cooked breakfast quiche as a snack or lunch that tasted naughty but wasn’t. Whilst at my mum’s house earlier we had a play in the kitchen and created these all day breakfast quiches and oh my goodness they were so tasty!
If making these for children then I would definitely advise using full fat cheese and cottage cheese but if making them for yourself on Slimming World use fat free options.
If you use low syn sausages (there are lots of 1/2 syn options) and low fat cheddar as half of your heA then these work out at just half a syn for two! And it is definitely half a syn well used!
To make 10 quiches
- 10 bacon medalions
- 4 eggs
- 180g cottage cheese
- 80g cheddar cheese
- 5 mushrooms washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 5 plum tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 5 sausages
- Spray a muffin tray with cooking spray and line each section with the bacon so it makes a muffin case shape.
- Cook in the oven at 180°c for 10 minutes.
- Cut the sausage into bite size pieces and cook in a frying pan until sealed on all sides.
- Whisk the eggs then add the cottage cheese and cheddar. Mix well.
- Split the sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes between the bacon ‘cases’ then pour over the egg and cheese mixture so they are generously filled.
- Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!