After preparing our pizza topped chicken in the slow cooker for tea tonight (recipe coming soon) I had half a courgette and some cheese left over. I hate waste so decided to make some courgette pizza bites for Harry’s lunch. He really enjoyed them and I hope your little ones do too!
- Half a courgette (or more if you want to make more!)
- Half a tsp tomato puree for each slice of courgette
- Enough grated cheese to cover the top of each slice of courgette
- A twist of black pepper
- A pinch of oregano
- A pinch of basil
- Any additional toppings you like! We used a little bit of salami that needed using up.
- Cooking spray (we use fry light)
- Slice the courgette into circles, approximately half a cm thick.
- Spray a baking tray with some cooking spray and place the slices of courgette on it. Cook under the grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the courgette over and replace under the grill for another 3 minutes.
- Spread the tomato puree on top of each slice of courgette and place the grated cheese, pepper, herbs and any other toppings on top.
- Place the pizza bites under the grill again until the cheese has melted.