We love spicy food and luckily Harry does too. One of my favourite times of the week is Saturday and Sunday tea times when we sit down to eat as a family. We often opt for chilli or curry for these precious family meals, particularly as the weather outside is getting colder.
This recipe made enough to feed the three of us with enough for two family sized portions for the freezer as a tasty ready meal for the future. The amount of spices added is a suggestion and can be altered if your child doesn’t like spicy food. We like to make it like this, portion some off for Harry, then add more chilli to ours! You can also cool it down by stirring through some natural yoghurt of creme fresh for baby.
- 750g minced beef
- 750g passata
- 1 can of cannellini beans (or kidney beans)
- 1 low salt beef stock cube
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- creme freche
- grated cheddar cheese
- Brown the minced beef in a pan and drain any excess fat.
- Add the passata and crumble in the stock cube. Stir well then add the garlic and spices.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans then add to the pan and stir well.
- Leave to simmer for 20 minutes then serve with rice, cheese and creme fresh! We also popped some sweetcorn on Harry’s plate too, for an extra portion of veg, which he loved!
If you have any leftovers we love to turn this into nachos for the adults! A few tortilla chips and roquito peppers makes this the perfect treat meal for when baby has gone to bed!