2 chicken breasts, diced
½ a cup of cauliflower
½ a cup chickpeas
1 cup of passata
1 crushed clove of garlic
½ tsp turmeric
1 tbsp tikka masala powder (curry powder is fine too!)
4 tbsp full fat natural yogurt.
Oil or cooking spray for cooking
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and cook in the oil and garlic in a pan.
- Add the garlic, turmeric and tikka masala powder to the pan. Cook for 1 minute then add the passata, cauliflower and chickpeas and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix in the yogurt into the curry. I find it best to spoon some of the sauce out and add the yogurt to that, mixing well, before adding the sauce/yogurt mix back to the pan. Adding the yogurt this way helps to avoid the curry sauce curdling.
- Gently re heat the curry and serve with whatever accompaniment you like! Favourites here are rice, naan bread, sugar snap peas, pita bread or salad!
This recipe has been written for 2 adults and 1 baby, it can easily be adapted to feed more though and can be frozen if you have some left over! You can add whatever vegetables you like to this curry and can easily make it suitable for vegetarians by just leaving the chicken out! Harry likes spicy food so loves this, you could always change how much tikka powder you add to suit your tastes though!