- 225g dried red lentils
- 450ml water
- 25g fresh breadcrumbs
- A handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- 100g grated cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- a knob of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse the lentils well and then add to a pan with the water. Bring the water to the boil then put the lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the lentils are cooking, fry the garlic in the butter and add the spinach until wilted.
- Put the lentils, spinach and other ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Grease a baking tray and press the mixture in.
- Bake in the oven for 25/30 minutes at 180°c until firm and golden.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving!
Harry really enjoyed this and kept shouting for more!