Megan has been weaning for a week now and she’s taken to it as well as her brother did. I had some potatoes to use up so decided to make some potato croquettes. I added a soft cheese centre to make them a little bit more exciting and both kids loved them!
To make 6 croquettes
- 1 potato made into mashed potato with milk and butter (You can use leftover mashed potato, it’s a great recipe for avoiding waste.)
- 6 pieces of cheddar cheese cut into small rectangles.
- 1 slice of bread made into breadcrumbs
- Allow the mashed potato to cool then take a tablespoonful of the mixture and flatten into a circle in your hand.
- Place a rectangle of cheese in the centre and wrap the potato around it so the cheese is completely covered in the centre.
- Roll the ‘croquette’ in the breadcrumbs so it’s evenly coated.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake in the oven at 180ºc for around 20 minutes, until golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
These are a great size and shape for little hands doing baby led weaning. I’ll definitely be making these again for Megan!