Blueberries are one of Harry’s favourite fruits! This weekend I decided to play around in the kitchen and have a go at making some baby/toddler friendly blueberry muffins.. The result was a big hit with our whole family!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large egg whites
- 120g plain Greek yoghurt
- 2/3 drops of vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp golden syrup (You can use honey instead for children over 1 if you want to)
- 240g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 180ml whole milk
- 2 large handfuls of fresh blueberries
- Butter or oil to grease the tin, we used coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix the egg whites, butter, vanilla essence and yoghurt until smooth ish
- Pour in the golden syrup (I like to boil the kettle and hold the tablespoon over the steam before dipping it in the syrup. It helps it slide off easier!).
- Add the baking powder then, a bit at a time, add the flour and milk. Add the blueberries and mix well.
- Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into a greased muffin tray (you should get about 12.)
- Bake at 180°c for about 20/25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tray for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooking rack.