These berry coconut balls are quick, easy to make and a great energy boost for your little one! Harry seems to be hungry all the time at the moment and constantly wanting to snack so I made these to keep him fuller for longer! He really enjoyed them and so did I!
When I say ‘cup’ I’m using the term loosely. As long as you stick to these proportions the recipe will work fine, you can adjust it to make as many or as few as you want.
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I used raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut (plus extra to coat the balls in)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Put the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until well combined. It’s up to you if you want them completely smooth or left with a bit of texture.
- Take tablespoonfuls of the mixture and roll into ball shapes.
- Roll each ball in desiccated coconut so it is completely covered. (optional)
- Put the balls in the fridge for about an hour to firm up.
- Store in an airtight container for a few days, the fridge for a week or the freezer if you want them to last a few months.