- 500g minced beef (I used 12% fat)
- 1 egg
- 1 low salt beef stock cube, crumbled
- Chilli to taste, I used half a large green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Mix the beef, egg, stock cube, chilli and mixed herbs in a bowl, I found it easiest to do with my hands to ensure the ingredients were well combined.
- Shape the mixture into burger shapes, I got 6 medium sized burgers out of this mixture but you can make them as big or small as you like!
- Cover and leave in the fridge whilst you prepare the fries!
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into long, thin fries.
- Place the fries on a baking tray and drizzle with sunflower oil. Toss to ensure they are evenly covered.
- Place the fries in the middle of the oven. After they have been in for 15 minutes turn the fries and put the burgers in the oven. Cook for 25 minutes until the fries are crispy and the burgers are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy! We served these on a toasted burger bun with cheese, gherkins, a little passata and a salad on the side.