This healthy avocado ice cream is a great way to cool your little one down during these hot Summer days!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey for over 1yrs)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Scoop out the avocado and put it in a food processor with the maple syrup, lime juice and the cream from the can of coconut milk. (Put the water to one side to use in another recipe, it’s lovely in smoothies!)
- Blitz until smooth. This should take less than a minute, don’t be tempted to over mix it as it will split and curdle.
- Put the mixture in a tub and put in the freezer.
- Stir the ice cream after it has been in the freezer for 30 minutes and then again after an hour. Leave for a further 4 hours until frozen before serving.
- I like to serve it with either strawberries and blueberries or with some finely grated chocolate sprinkled on top. Yum!
Not a fan of avocado? Why not try our ‘one ingredient’ banana ice cream instead?